Classification: Full time
Medical Mutual Insurance Company of Maine, a Portland-based medical professional liability insurance company, seeks an accounting professional with a strong understanding and demonstrated experience in financial reporting to join its team. A Financial Analyst is responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of financial information to management and regulators. Once trained, this position has the potential to be a hybrid.
We invite applicants with the following minimum requirements to apply:
- 3-5 years of financial reporting experience.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Solid accounting and general ledger skills with the ability to analyze data and variances.
- Excellent interpersonal and critical thinking skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Necessary Computer Skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
- Intermediate level of competency in Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Demonstrated capability in MMIC Accounting Technologies within 90 days of employment.
- A Degree in Accounting and 3-5 years financial reporting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Insurance experience is a plus.
This current opening is an opportunity to work for a financially strong company that values a work/life balance and employee training and education. We engage your unique talents and welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better.
MMIC offers an excellent benefits package, including health insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid dental, life, and short-term disability insurance, and a liberal time-off policy. The Company provides a strong salary and bonus, robust 401(k) plan, tuition, community service, and wellness reimbursement programs. Starting salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should send a current resume and cover letter describing your experience, as well as any other information which you feel would help us better evaluate your qualifications.
Submit your application materials to:
Medical Mutual Insurance Co. of Maine
Attn: Human Resource Director
PO Box 15275
Portland, Maine 04112-5275
Please, no phone calls.
Medical Mutual Insurance Company of Maine is an equal opportunity employer.
Medical Mutual does not retain information regarding positions not listed.