Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable Specialist
Classification: Full time
Medical Mutual Insurance Company of Maine, a Portland-based medical professional liability insurance company, seeks an Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable Specialist to join our dynamic accounting team.
The AR/AP Specialist is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all invoices and expense accounts. Verify and post details related to cash receipts and prove bank statements with general ledger. The ideal candidate has accounting experience and Sage Accounting Software. This non-exempt position reports directly to the Controller and interacts closely with policyholders, outside vendors, and MMIC staff.
- Associate’s Degree and two years of experience in accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial data.
- Self-motivation with proficiency in time management
- Accurately processes all invoices and expense accounts.
- Prepare and make the bank deposits and post details related to cash receipts.
- Run reports for daily system proofs and post daily journal entries.
Necessary Computer Skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Windows and the Internet with strong Excel skills.
- Basic level of competency in Microsoft Outlook and Word
- Demonstrated capability in MMIC technologies, including Sage Accounting Software and ImageRight (as applicable to use in the Accounting Department) within 90 days of employment
This current opening is an opportunity to work for a financially strong company that values a work/life balance and employee training and education. We engage your unique talents and welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better.
Medical Mutual Insurance Company of Maine offers an excellent benefits package, including health insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid dental, life, and short-term disability insurance. We enjoy ten paid holidays, a very generous paid time off (PTO) plan, and personal time. The Company provides a strong salary and robust 401(k) plan as well as tuition, community service, and wellness reimbursement programs
Interested applicants should send a current resume and cover letter describing your experience, as well as any other information which you feel would help us better evaluate your qualifications.
Submit your application materials to:
Medical Mutual Insurance Co. of Maine
Attn: Human Resources Manager
PO Box 15275
Portland, Maine 04112-5275
Please, no phone calls.
Medical Mutual Insurance Company of Maine is an equal opportunity employer.
Medical Mutual does not retain information regarding positions not listed.